PayPal Donation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    LLOD Forum Index -> Other OnLine Game Events and Meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gooshalaka

re: Lost Legion of Darkness-Group day

Since a few of us are getting closer to 50 or are 50 already on Empire side, let's pick a day (or days) out of the week (Wed/Thurs/Fri) to run 4 mans or to do heroic Ilum/Belsavis dailies. For 40+, we can start with colocoid and work our way up to BT HM, then other HM flashpoints to start getting Columi gear. If more than 4 sign up, we'll run it twice, just kick me out for 2nd run.

sure i haz heals :P, only thing to make sure while doing HM's is that we have kick ass dps cause most of the bosses have pretty short enrage timers. If we have another heals, i can dps too

Sounds good to me, sniper can bring a little dps ;)

Best advice I've ever seen for hunters:
"if you do pull something that's going to smash your face in, run towards the tank, not around like an idiot. They can't do squat if they can't hit it." -CWood
gooshalaka

let's shoot for wednesday the 29th, 7:30 est as a start. If funky, gram, and nasta can make it that day, we can try a normal mode FP (ideally 50), but we may start at a mid 40 FP depending on what level gram and nasta are. I don't care about going for HM FP right away, however the four of us should group up and try a FP that's around our level to see how we do as a starting base.

And if we have time and most of us are 50, we can run group belsavis to get mods and more daily comms. (Ilum group is easy imo as poisonous strats group are fairly effortless and is an easy heroic, and besides I can craft 49 purp mods :P)

Think we'll stick with Wednesdays for the sanctioned group up day. If we're lacking the "proper" roles (1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps), we can do group dailies or lower level flashpoints for anybody not level 50 yet. Like our previous raid times, it'll be 7:30 p.m. est, however, I'll go with the four folks that are there at that time and on ventrilo ready to go.

If this is fairly successful for the next couple of weeks, I'll add a signup and we can take it from there.

I would like to hit the HM runs asap with guild members. If you're 50 (or close to 50), I can give you a brief summary on how to gear up for HM's.

1. Finish class story
2. You should have orange colored gear for most pieces. If you have orange belt/bracers, consider yourself blessed. However, not necessary if you weren't lucky enough to grab those. Otherwise, for weapon/off-weapon, helm, chest, gloves, pants, and boots, get some orange versions. Level doesn't matter, the mods in the oranges do however.
3. With those armor pieces, use up your corellia comms to upgrade your orange gear as best as you can. With that said, finish up the corellia quest line.
4. If you're level 49 or 50, you can check GCN for purple belt, bracers (if you don't have orange ones). Also, get 2 implants and an ear piece.
5. If you're level 47+, come see me for a +31 crystal (can do endurance/crit)
6. Once you finish your class story, you should have quests to visit Belsavis and Ilum. Follow these two story lines, and it will unlock daily quests on each planet. As you do these quests, you earn daily commendations for purchasing level 23 purple mods and rakata implants/ear piece. It costs 120 for the rakata pieces while it costs 8 comms for each level 23 mod. Use your comms to upgrade your orange pieces as you get them. Can only do armor, hilt, or barrel with level 23's.
7. While you can fill the armor and your hilt or barrel with 23's, there are two quests you can do to fill enhancements and mods. Both are group quests. For enhancements, you can go to Ilum and do poisonous strategy. Recommend at least three people with this one (it's tougher than I thought with those dang jedi). The other one is a group repeatable up in northern Belsavis, Free the Fallen (heroic 2+). This can be soloed, but you have to manipulate the droids to attack the jedi at the end. Stealth works nice here, but can "rez probe" to the end if you don't have stealth. Anyway, once you get to the end, hug the left wall, passing the jedi champion, facing away from the end toward the three droids on the corner. Have your companion attack the droids, and run back toward the end, making sure you hug the wall and not aggro the jedi. The droids should make quick work of the companion and if you're at the end, put the jedi champ in line with the droids. The droids will come toward you and the jedi will engage the droids. Wait a sec for jedi to aggro the droids and give another sec for them to fight each other. Once you give it some time, you can help the droids kill the jedi. Once the jedi is dead, just activate the console at the end and free the prisoners.
8. There are two other group quests on belsavis, lights out and old enemies (both Heroic 4), which gives 3 comms a piece along with an orange companion weapon and level 22 armor mod, respectively. This is optional if you want to do those. The lights out quest is soloable if you have stealth. But if not, you could probably rez probe through the three generators, but probably a p.i.t.a.
9. The final space quest, ascendary barrier, rewards 2 comms and 15 fleet comms. Again optional, but you need to build up your ship with as much purple stuff as possibly. Definitely get the power converter for switching back and forth from shields/lasers. Aeten Defense offers a level 44 purple beam converter, while most of the purple ship mods can be purchased off the GCN (or crafted). Also, EMP gen is nice as enemy ships won't target you for 10 seconds. The proton torpedoes, imo suck, but you can get it to one-shot various things on a command ship or station, just takes a bit to lock on to stuff. If you do all the daily space quests, you get around 100 fleet comms daily and can save for the artifact level 50 box which gives a random purple item costing 375 fleet comms. It may or may not be useful to you, so it's a chance. But if you can't use it, you can probably post on GCN for quite a few credits.
10. Finally, do pvp dailies, you get pvp comms from those, even if you lose. Get enough, you can get a box which could grant an armor piece from random and some comms to purchase champ or BM gear, not sure which. Again, this is optional.

In summary, you should do 1-7, with 7 you can get around with crafted mods/enhancements as those quests offer purple 22's. 8-10 are optional, but it definitely helps gearing up for HM's.

re: What is needed

Plan is start playing Imp-side here. I am well versed in rep knowledge but no/little of this side.

Is there a certain class that is needed for HM and OPS because I really don't want us to have trouble getting at least 8 people for OPS when it is all said and done.

Morph

Last edited by Morphene_Elin on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total

gooshalaka

Either a healing or tanking class works. We only have 1 level 50 healer over here so far. We have 4 50's over here so far (1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps).

Nub question, which server did you guys settle on...
Foote
Leader

Grand Master Zym or Zyn ...

I havent looked it up in a while
Davidson
VagrantFFXI
Officer

Zym it is

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LLOD Forum Index -> Other OnLine Game Events and Meetings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: